The LORAC Pirates of the Caribbean Palette is now at Ulta and Kohl’s! I actually stopped by Kohl’s today for something else and was surprised to see it there. Kohl’s only had the palette and not the lipstick or blush but there was a spot on the display for those products so they may be getting them in. I am also wondering if you can use your Kohl’s percent discount on this palette, that might sway me to pick this one up.
UPDATE: I just picked up the Cheek Palette at Ulta…here’s my review… LORAC Pirates of the Caribbean Palette Cheek Palette & Lip Duo Review.
While I didn’t buy Pirates of the Caribbean today I did play around with the display. The packaging is beautiful with a black, gold and starry theme. The shades are pretty and pigmented but I felt like there were too many neutrals and nudes for me to spend the $52.
I have a lot of these shades already and I was kind of disappointed that there were no purple shades. I mean don’t pirates where purple! I also would have like to see a brilliant gold. The shades I loved the most were: Starry Night, Treasure and Menace.
Overall I love the branding and the packaging and I might just pick it up if it goes on sale because I love Pirates of the Caribbean.
Here’s what you get in the palette.
- Ghostly (white shimmer)
- Starry Night (light cobalt blue shimmer)
- Compass (true gold shimmer)
- Arrrgh! (brown shimmer)
- Black Pearl (iridescent blue-green shimmer)
- YoHo (silver champagne shimmer)
- Bones (sand matte)
- Silvermist (silver chrome shimmer)
- Treasure (ruby red shimmer)
- Tell No Tales (burgundy mauve matte)
- Shiver Me (blush pearl shimmer)
- Cursed (black gold shimmer)
- Matte-y (ivory matte)
- Lost At Sea (silver blue shimmer)
- Pirates Chest (caramel matte)
- Sea Haze (golden sage shimmer)
- Menace (deep forest green matte)
- Silent Mary (grey plum matte)