OK I am totally late on this one. I think it started in 2013 but the questions are so much fun that I decided to do it anyway!
1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
I do! It was huge Bonne Bell Lip Smacker in Strawberry. I wore so much I looked like a smashed a strawberry on my face. Hey, I was 9!
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
Right now I am really into the Clinique Chubby Lash Fattening Mascara. It give me big beautiful lashes with zero clumping.
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
I have a love/hate relationship with foundation. Being over forty it tends to look like pancake make-up if I pick the wrong shade or consistency. I love anything that’s ultra light weight.
4. Favorite high end brand?
5. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
I am fascinated by Jeffree Star’s line, especially the Skin Frost.
6. Favorite drugstore brand?
7. Do you wear fake eyelashes?
NO!!! I’d look like caterpillars crawled on my eyes.
8. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
Lipstick. When I went into labour I yelled….Not before I put lipstick on!
9. What is your most cherised beauty product?
My Urban Decay Vice Lipstick collection.
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
Ha! More than I should. I always stop by the beauty department when I’m in Target or even the grocery store.
11. Do you have a “beauty budget” or you spend freely?
I try to stick with a budget.
12. Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
Absolutely! I have every rewards card and I always shop the sales.
13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
Uh…everything : )
14. Is there a brand that you absolutely can’t stand?
Not really, I’m willing to try anything!
15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
Yes and no. I’m not a fanatic but I am aware. I’m more conscious of where things are made. I love to see Made in the USA.
16. Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
Sephora, they are so nice there.
17. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
I LOVE trying new products.
18. Favorite bath and body brand?
Lush and Bath and Body Works are a tie!
19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
That’s like saying…choose one kid! Really? It can’t be done.
20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
e.l.f. does an amazing job with packaging.
21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Ha! Can I say the cast of Harry Potter?
22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
23. 5 Favorite Beauty Gurus
I love Grav3yardgirl and BeautyBy Anne-Marie (she’s over 40)…I should have more gurus!
24. Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
Yes, I think I’ve tried a few of these.
25. Are you clumsy in putting makeup?
26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Yes! I just blogged about it today.
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
Maybe one or two. Aveda is my thing.
28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
Concealer! I’m over 4o.
29. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
30. What do you love about makeup?
I love how make-up makes me feel. You really can’t help smiling when you buy a new lipstick or blush or palette. It’s like an artist buying new paint! Make-up is a fairly inexpensive way to bring some joy to life!