At almost 5′ 12″ I apparently qualify as a vertically enhanced human and I was reminded of this fact over the weekend by my very observant in-laws. Every single time they see me they inevitability say, “Boy, you are really, really tall”.
My husband’s Aunt also tactfully pointed out that I may have even gotten taller since the last time she’d seen me. Perhaps I was just elongating for primal purposes.
Luckily I was able to come up with 15 things people (like me) can do better than the vertically challenged folks (i.e. my in-laws).
- We can see your bald spot.
- We can put the star on the Christmas tree.
- We can touch Mars when we wear heels.
- All our jeans are capri pants.
- We can make amazing snow angels.
- We can date Mick Jagger.
- We can wear drag queen shoes.
- We can make big foot tracks.
- The air is better up here.
- We don’t need a step stool to get in our SUV.
- We can reach the pedal.
- We can drive with our head sticking out of the sunroof.
- That top shelf? Not a problem, ever.
- Playing keep away is fun and ridiculously easy.
- We can out walk our in-laws. Eat our dust…
And yes, next year I expect that my height will remain stable.